A tasty chickpea burger, perfect for Meatfree Monday, and a deliciously quick supper.
Sometimes I just feel like a burger but as I’m eating almost no meat these days this recipe still hits the spot. Flavoured with cumin and coriander and chilli, there is plenty of flavour to excite your taste buds and as they are so quick to make there is no reason not to make them tonight!
You’ll need – serves 2
- 400g tin of chickpeas
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 fat clove of garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- half a teaspoon of chilli powder
- handful of fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of plain flour
- 2 burger buns or pittas
- salad leaves and plain yoghurt to serve
Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Drain them well. Put them into the bowl of your blender and add the chopped garlic, onion, spices, parsley, flour and salt. Blitz until fairly smooth.
Shape into 2 patties. Fry for approximately 3 minutes on either side and serve in a bun or pitta with the salad and yoghurt.